STATEMENT OF FAITH
Gospel Community Church believes and teaches the following essential doctrines:
- The 66 books of the Bible make up the totality of God’s Word and therefore are entirely true, authoritative, and sufficient (Psalm 19:7–11; Isaiah 40:8; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20–21).
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6; 46:9–10; Matthew 3:13–17; 28:17–20; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:4–6; 1 Timothy 2:5).
- All things exist for the glory of God (Psalm 148; Proverbs 16:4; Isaiah 61:3; Ezekiel 20; Romans 11:33–36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 5:15; Ephesians 1:3–14).
- All humanity, Christ excluded, is sinful by both birth and action (Genesis 6:5; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8, 12–21; 7:18; Ephesians 2:1–3). 
- The deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death (Genesis 2:15–17; 3:19; Romans 5:12; 6:23; James 1:14–15).
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin, and is both fully God and fully human (Matthew 1:20; Luke 1:34–35; 2:52; John 1:1–4, 14; Colossians 1:15–20; Hebrews 1:1–3).
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin (John 1:29; 10:1–18; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:1–4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18).
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and will one day return (Matthew 28:1–20; Mark 16:1–8; Luke 24:1–53; John 1:20–21:25; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Corinthians 15:12–34; 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17; Hebrews 9:28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7).
- There will be a future resurrection of the dead. Only those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward. Those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal punishment (Matthew 25:31–46; John 5:28–29; Acts 24:15).
- Only through faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy (John 3:18; 14:6; Acts 2:38–39; 4:12; Romans 3:21–26; 1 Timothy 2:5–6).
While the doctrines expressed above in the Statement of Faith are recognized to be universal and primary within the Christian church, there are a number of secondary beliefs that the Elders of Gospel Community Church are passionate to proclaim. Not all Christians hold these beliefs, but they are nonetheless important and true as the Elders understand the Scriptures. Complete agreement is not required for the sake of membership, but it should be known that the Elders will preach, teach, and counsel in accordance with these convictions:
- Divine sovereignty over all things, including salvation
- Christ-centered interpretation of the Old and New Testament Scriptures
- The complementary roles of men and women
- Believer’s baptism by immersion
- The biblical pattern of family discipleship
As a Southern Baptist Church, Gospel Community Church adheres to and agrees with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). This document provides a more detailed list of the doctrines to which the church holds.
 We recognize Adam and Eve were not “born” and were not created sinful; rather, they became sinful through their action.